1. Paint "shiplap" onto your walls to get a look that Joanna and Chip would approve of.
Honestly, it looks the same.
2. Wrangle your tangled TV wires
You can buy a cord management system ($10.95). Or you can Just cut a shower rod down to size and slice an opening for the cords.
Shower Rod DIY here.
3. Paint fake windows on your garage door and embellish with some cheap hardware.
4. Add a curtain rod to the side of your cabinets to hang up your pots and pans.
Even if you don't have fancy cookware to display, this will still be an awesome organization trick. Again, I say win-win. Oh, and keep the bottoms of your (stainless or enameled) pans looking spankin' new with Bar Keepers Friend and a bit of elbow grease.
See this kitchen here.
5. Nail stained planks to your headboard to make your Ikea bed look like it's from West Elm.
6. Spray-paint any dated fixtures to elevate your bathroom to spa status.
Now all you need is some candles and gentle flute music.
7. Add a few decorative pillows to make your bed feel like it's in a luxury hotel.
This bed is doing the most, you really don't need this many pillows. But just adding two European pillows and a throw pillow will do wonders.
8. Glue mirrors onto your closets to make them look built in.
Or just paint the frame of the mirror that is already hanging to match the color of the door.